March 29, 2010

Celvin Istanbul'da

After a long time.....I thought of penning my stay in Istanbul.....

Disclaimer:- All the characters in this are real. :)

Okay......Celvin in Istanbul

I was tensed, and when I look back,(Raina - my wife, my girlfriend, my friend....... also told me that it was worth looking at your tensed, rather very tensed face) yeah my first trip outside the country...and my first project in my new company.....so there were many reasons ;)

When in landed on Ataturk Hava Limani....I never thought that was the beginning of a life long....memorable time...I had a company there in the form of Kannan, my colleague and we enjoyed going out...my first day near Bosphorus.....we enjoyed the other side....Asian side and we were on European side..... isn't it wonderful.


Then came the first day in office......and I met my second Turkish teacher....(first teacher is yet to come and with a bang ;)) and my Project Manager....Gorkem Sevik, then Tim Goodall our architect....and Ashwin....and Hasan.....


from left Celvin, Tim, Gorkem, Aswin - taken by Hasan

Then I met two characters....Mihirban Kahveci, my first Turkish teacher.....(its Kahveji.....by the way c in Turkish is pronounced as "j") and Ilhan Siviri....I love you both.....two admirable, notable characters.....I can talk a lot about them now.....for hours.....but our first meeting was not a noticeable one....I thought they are some people who are working here....but we didn't interact much.....and since they were fasting.....we missed them from our lunch sessions...and our little gossips.......All together it was a better start.....I still remember those discussions we had in our old project room....and we used to take pics of our very good white-board, so that all the ideas that flew in were captured and kept.....Oh those wonderful days.....

Weekend!!!!!! My first encounter with Bosphorus

We...Kannan, Aswin and me....thought of going for the very famous Bhosphorus trip.....I was a fool....yeah some may say that I'm still one....I thought first it was a lake, then we had a discussion "What is Bosphorus?" and then i was lucky that I read Wiki....and was able to give a correct description that it is a strait :)

So the boat trip starts from Ortakoy....and goes till Fatih Bridge (or called as second bridge)....












You can find these boats anytime....lying there in Oratkoy Iskelesi











                    
Aswin and Kannan enjoying the trip......

More pics


















So.....this was the journey I started some time back.....and will continue.....more to come.....in My Istanbul Diaries

0 comments:

Post a Comment