March 29, 2010

Save our Tigers

Sundays are a time when you relax a lot....and I was in bed....and suddenly I was thinking about writing this down.....

I was thinking a lot about this..... Save Our Tigers I kept on telling myself...sleep now we can do it later.....but you know....and here I'm writing something on Our Indian Tigers......

The first time when I saw the initiative ad by Aircel, I was riding and thought is it true?.....then I forgot about it.....but I don't know how....because I was not doing much that time.....So one day.....I think weeks later I opened up the site http://saveourtigers.com/ and then came to know that what I saw was true....

And the Truth is there are just 1411 tigers left.....!!!!!!!

shot from South Africa, near Harbeesport Dam

Fossil evidence indicates that modern humans originated in Africa about 200,000 years ago, so a picture from the same continent can do some justice......

Our greed....yes I should say that......We in the race of conquering heights...exploring, discovering.....things....just forgot or trying to ignore the fact of co-existence.....

Yes "We" the most complex, advanced, evolved and brainy things in the evolution cycle....(who knows whether we are still evolving and will turn up as something else in the years to go).....the all knowing man.....killed, for his pleasure....for god know for what all.....and now.....

Yet another animal under the verge of extinction.

I clicked on whatever link that was available on the site and joined many groups....but not knowing whether that will make any difference.....but hats off for such an initiative.....I came back home and was still thinking on the same lines.....and we(my mom, wife and me) as usual in our dinner discussions arrived on something similar.....

We were discussing about the plants, fruits, that were there when we were kids....and then many of my mom's childhood buddies were there in my wife's and mine also. As a kid I used to explore....roam around.....with a stick and beat all the bushes.....and almost eat anything that my hands could reach.....I still remember eating a wild berry and puking for a ling time ;) coming back to the topic......

But the strange fact is I cannot find any of those plants any more.....those berries and.....lot more...gone....just vanished....I searched so that I can take some pictures.....but......couldn't.....

Something like a plant disappears....some people notices....
Something even bigger, more people notices....
What will happen if we disappear!!!!!!!! will there be someone to notice!!!!!!!!!!!

Save things that we can save so that we'll be saved......!!!!!!!!!

Coexistence is more than a struggle!!!!!! it is a learning tooo....

0 comments:

Post a Comment